Welcome to “Art-Tech Metropolis: Building a Sustainable Future” event! We are thrilled to embark on this exciting journey with you to explore the intersection of art, technology, and sustainability in future cities.
We draw inspiration from the powerful quote by Lady Bird Johnson: “The environment is where we all meet; where we all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” This event is a collaborative effort between TreeArt and Futurum Academy, supported by the Youth & Children Education Society Singapore,United Square Shopping Mall, with the aim of raising awareness and building a more sustainable future for our community.
Through innovative art and technology projects, we will showcase how to address the environmental challenges we face in the process of building sustainable cities. Our goal is to spark new ideas and initiate discussions about creating a better world for future generations.
We invite you to join us and be inspired by the creative works of our young artists who are taking on the challenge of building a sustainable future.
Building a Sustainable Future
The “Art-Tech Metropolis: Building a Sustainable Future” event aims to showcase how creativity, technology, and sustainability can collectively address the environmental challenges we face in the process of building sustainable cities. The event will feature a variety of exhibits that utilize technology to create a sustainable urban environment.
These artworks employ 3D printing, robotics, and recyclable materials to create sustainable exhibits, reducing waste and promoting energy efficiency. Additionally, the exhibits will demonstrate how art can be used to promote environmental awareness and encourage more sustainable lifestyles.
Keat Hong Community Club
The theme of this event revolves around the intersection of Art, Technology, Sustainability in building a sustainable future for our cities.
Participants will be divided into two teams:
the Art Team and the Technology Team.
Both teams will have a competition segment where they can create art pieces in any form using recyclable materials, presented in either 2D or 3D formats.
The competition segment:
The competition will take place from June 1, 2023, to July 15, 2023. All entries will be judged based on their creativity, uniqueness, and effectiveness in addressing sustainability issues. The top participants from each team will be shortlisted and eligible to participate in the collaborative exhibition phase of the second part (applicable only to groups B and C).
All residents of Singapore.
[Art Category] A: 4-6 years old, B: 7-12 years old, C: 13-18 years old
[Technology Category] A: 6-9 years old, B: 10-12 years old, C: 13-18 years old
Theme: Art-Tech Metropolis: Building a Sustainable Future
Competition period: June 1, 2023, to July 15, 2023
Registration fee: $25 SGD
(The registration fee for this competition will be fully donated to a charitable organization.)
Artworks should be in A3 size, allowing for any art form, medium, and 2D/3D formats. All art and recyclable materials are accepted. Participants need to submit digital high-resolution copies/photos of their artworks.
3D printing designs should be in A3 size and created using recyclable materials. Participants need to submit digital high-resolution copies/photos of their artworks.
*Please submit your artwork to
Youth and Children Education Society Singapore : firstname.lastname@example.org
– Two categories will be established, and each participant can only submit one artwork in one category.
– The submission deadline is July 15, 2023, at 11:59 PM. For registration and submission inquiries, please contact +65 8941 1111
– Originality and Ownership: Submitted artworks must be the original creations of the participants and should not infringe upon any copyrights or intellectual property rights of others.
– Submissions that violate copyrights, plagiarize, or contain inappropriate content will be disqualified.
– Participants grant the organizers the right to use and display the artworks for promotional purposes.
– Participants agree to indemnify the organizers against any claims or disputes arising from their participation.
– The organizers reserve the right to make changes to the rules or details of the competition as needed.
Collaborative Exhibition Phase –
Intersection of Art and Technology
On July 30, 2023, at UNITED SQUARE, the highlight of the event will be a collaborative phase between the winning teams from the art and technology categories. The event will also include an awards ceremony as the grand finale. The winners will have the opportunity to interact with individuals passionate about building a more sustainable future and making a positive impact on the world. Together, they will create a total of 11 exhibition artworks during the collaborative phase. The completed artworks will be subsequently showcased in various UOL shopping centers to further inspire the public.
July 30, 2023 (Sunday)
Location: United Square Basement 1 Atrium space
Time: 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Awards Ceremony: 5:00 PM
What you will receive:
– All participants will receive participation certificates.
– 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each age group will receive trophies and scholarships.
– 5 outstanding awards in each age group will receive outstanding award medals and scholarships.
– All winning artworks will be announced on the official website of the Youth and Children Education Society Singapore and TREE ART.
– All winning artworks will be published in a journal distributed to the winners.
– All winners will receive a shopping bag and merchandise related to the competition, valued at over $99.
Collaborative Art Exhibition Locations & Dates:
Velocity: July 31 – August 9
United Square: August 10 – August 20
Kinex Shopping Mall: August 21 – August 31
*All competition information and award details will be announced on the Youth & Children Education Society Singapore website: https://ycess.com/
This event will be attended by professional teams in the fields of art, technology, and sustainability. These experts will provide clarification, share insights, and offer guidance on the creation of the artworks. This will provide an excellent opportunity for the finalists to interact with respected individuals, gaining deeper understanding of their creative processes and inspirations.
Competition contact information: